Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Level 10

Day 31
The StairMaster and I have a bit of a rocky relationship. Initially, it was mostly filled with hate, from my end anyway, but now it's all love! No other machine in the gym can make me sweat like this one can.

I even have a particular StairMaster that I always use. Number 3. It appears to be the oldest of the four in the gym, but that means it's the simplest to program. It also means it was probably invented before obesity became an epidemic.

See, Number 3 has no comfort grips on it's handles, it's steps are not even big enough for a whole foot, and there is no place to put a magazine, or even a water bottle. It is made for the intense fitness buff...like me.

Number 3 has twenty levels of difficulty and my newest goal is to complete a fifteen minute workout at the highest level by the end of my six weeks.

Today I completed fifteen minutes at level ten. I had to stop three times. This is one serious machine. I think it was probably donated by a trainer for an Olympic athlete who said it was just too difficult.

I sweated off approximately ten pounds in those fifteen minutes. And according to Number 3's simple black screen with red lights, burned 130 calories. A number which is potentially accurate considering I have stopped lying to workout machines about my weight. Honesty is important in any good relationship after all.

See you tomorrow Number 3, and be ready to take it to the next level!

2 comments:

  1. Go get'em!!! show those abs who's boss!!! I BELIEVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This posting was like watching a chic flick- there was hate/ love and finally honesty & love!
    congrats on still going the distance!

    ReplyDelete