Thursday, January 14, 2010

Late Night Workout

Day 11
I got home from the gym at 10PM tonight. I was planning on writing a post about the differences between working out in the afternoon compared to night but I could only find one: the gym smells way worse at 9PM than it does at 2PM. It smelled so bad, in fact, that I ended my workout early to avoid passing out.

I suppose it makes sense that after 15 hours of people working out, the collective body odour would begin to accumulate, but this was a late night gym hazard I was completely unprepared for. I stuck it out as long as I could. I really did. Eventually, though, the stench became so unbearable that I excused myself ten minutes early for safety reasons.

I did learn something tonight and I would like it to be a warning to all: if you are going to work out after dinner, bring Febreeze. Or a nose plug.

3 comments:

  1. i would suggest bringing one of those pine tree shaped air fresheners and hanging it on your shorts. i heard it was the first trend of the new decade:)

    Good job for sticking it out! I'm proud of you! and not just of your inspirational workout ethic but also your writing, which is witty and interesting! I BELEIVE! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of putting a pine tree air fresheners on your shorts, maybe you should get a febreeze to sponsor your gym with free donations, or.... dab/spray a bit of a fragrance you enjoy on the end of your nose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - just thought of this - you should be posting some pictures so we can see your progress!! Or at least make sure you are taking them so you can put up a slideshow of how you attained 6 pack abs!

    ReplyDelete