Sunday, January 24, 2010

Milestone

Day 21
Here I am. Halfway through my challenge. I feel proud of what I have accomplished but also anxious about what is left to be done. I would call my abs right now a two pack. That's only one third of the six I am aiming for, meaning mathematically I am a bit behind. Physically, however, I don't think a three pack would be too attractive so I'm content.

I thought I would take this opportunity to provide some more details of my plan. A few people have asked me what kind of things I eat and what exercises I do so the answers are coming up.
I eat approximately five times per day (the schedule varies depending on my classes.) My favourite snacks are: peanut butter on whole grain toast; yogurt with Mini Wheats (crushed up), banana and walnuts; and oatmeal with various toppings. Smoothies are another favourtie.
My meals really depend on what I have in the house and how much time I want to spend cooking. Staple foods are: lean ground beef, chicken, eggs, whole wheat pasta and veggies.

As for working out, I have to admit I do not have an extremely solid plan because I don't want to get bored. I usually start with an hour on the track, sometimes intervals, sometimes steady jogging. I'm also a fan of the stair master. In the gym I basically use whatever machine is free.

My one constant is a video called "How To Get Six Pack Abs in Six Minutes On Your Couch" (I'll post the link at the bottom.) I do this routine at least once per day. There are some great moves, but mostly I think I like it because it makes me feel like my six week time frame is somewhat realistic.
Now that I am halfway through though I'm looking to kick it up a notch, Emeril style. Any tips?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/925256/how_to_get_six_pack_abs_in_6_minutes_on_your_couch_this_works/

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud!!! you are doing so well and with a diet that is delicious (i know from first hand experience). And i have one tip for you, keep doing what you're doing cause its working!!! I BELIEVE xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food choice sounds awful! You should eat more candy... it gives you endorphins

    ReplyDelete
  3. tips: watch the biggest loser/it always motivates me hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmm smoothies- they are my candy and my ice cream all mixed into one. There is no amount of smoothies I couldn't eat- I'm just too lazy to make them for myself. Maybe.... tomorrow for breakfast!!
    nice work on the half way mark!

    ReplyDelete