Friday, January 8, 2010

Motivation

Day 5
I once read an article about different ways to motivate yourself to get to the gym. One of the suggestions was to write down how great you feel after a workout. Then, next time you don't feel like exercising you are supposed to read those encouraging words and be inspired!

There's a reason I haven't tried this strategy and that is because if I did I don't think I would ever engage in physical activity again. How do I feel after a 2 hour workout? Let's see... hungry, overheated, exhausted, sore and sweaty.

And those are only the physical things. Emotionally, I'm a complete wreck. I can't understand why a long gym session puts me so on edge, but if one little thing goes wrong (my bus is a minute late, I push the door instead of pull) I will actually start to cry.

Every day I tell myself that when I get home and shower and have something to eat, my world will be right again. And it always is. But every day I still feel like nothing is okay when I walk out of the gym.

So instead of thinking of those feelings when I need a little push to get me going, I'm going to make an effort to remember how I feel during my workout: strong, empowered, confident.

5 comments:

  1. I Believe in You!!!! keep going. YOu got the power!!! Yoou're doing so well:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Kelsey - hearing about your idea motivated me to view a blog for the 1st time ever! Have fun & lots of success although we think you're perfect & love you just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete