Friday, January 29, 2010

You Gotta Have Faith

Day 26
My project is approximately 62% complete today and I'm feeling a little discouraged. I have made some good progress but those last 4 abs just do not want to show up!

Abs, if you're listening, now is your time to shine. Don't be shy! I thought estimating 2 hours of working out plus no junk food was a pretty safe plan. Turns out it takes more than that. I think maybe my mind and my body are not getting along. They are like siblings, one is saying, "Watch what I can do," and the other replies with, "We'll see about that!"

Of course, my brain wants a six pack, it just doesn't want to sacrifice it's pride and believe that it's possible. Brains don't like to be wrong. So my goal right now is to make sure my whole self is on board. You can't spell abs without team work. Okay fine, according to the english language you can, but not in my books.

So my mantra for the next weeks is: You can do it! You can do it! You can do it! I will also be using music from my well-developed playlists to drown out any negative thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. you CAN do it!!!!! and i have some experience with fighing siblings and in the end they all band together and defeat the enemy, like in the movies:) I BELIEVE XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There's only one way to succed in anything, and that is to give it everything."

    Vince Lombardi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot! You can totally do it! I have been slacking on reading this, but I am all caught up now! Sorry sista.

    I have a small tip for you - watch for sneaky sugar! Food like dried fruit, or juices, or yougurt can often be full of huge amounts of sugar (aka fat!). And measure portions, because things like peanut butter, which is healthy in small doses, I sometimes eat 5 or 6 servings on a piece of toast! haha Those are my bad habits that I have recently been cutting out. And stop chewing gum, it fills you up with excessive amounts of air and maybe that is hiding your other abs because I'm sure they are there after all of your hard work!!

    Email me if you want to talk more privately because I have been making some intense diet changes that I can tell you all about!!

    xoxoxoxo Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete