Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Time Flies When You're At The Gym?

Day 16
Something magical happened today. I had to convince myself to leave the gym. I had been running and working out for an hour and 40 minutes and I didn't want to stop! The time flew by and I felt like I could have stayed twice as long.

Unfortunately, fitness is not my full time job and I had to get some other things done so I forced myself to change out of my running shorts and go home.

Walking out of the gym I was on a natural high. I felt like nothing could get me down. And nothing tried. My bus came only 5 minutes after I got to the stop and I got a seat. To myself! A near miracle considering the bus I ride to and from school usually makes me jealous of the way animals are transported.

Yep, it was a very good day indeed. And while the convenience of the bus may have been luck, the amazing workout was all me. It was a new approach I decided to test out and the results are better than I predicted.

I have always been a skeptic of miracle solutions but my trick was free, quick and easy - and it worked! Here's how I did it: this morning when I woke up (very early I might add) instead of thinking "Oh man, I have to go to the gym today, there are so many other things I could do with that time!" I told myself, "Wow, today I am going to have 2 whole hours of me time, doing something I love!"

So there you have it folks, the secret is out. Now watch obesity vanish before your eyes.

5 comments:

  1. Thats awesome!!! This makes me miss running. You are doing so well!!! keep going!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! you must be spreading good vibes, cause I had a great day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wise person once told me that all we need to do is change our words from 'I have to' to the words 'I get to' and it will transform our lives.
    Many times when I find myself whiney I try to do that, and instead of complaining about my exercise routine, I remind myself how lucky I am for a ton of reasons- that I'm physically capable of doing it, that I have the time to do it etc.... in other words? that 'I get to.'
    thanks for reminding me of that Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet blog kelsey I am currently in bed munching on a bag of tostitos..thanks for making me feel like shit hahaha

    -chris

    ReplyDelete